Coconut Cookies Without Butter - Christmas Cookies
Today I have become Santa's most trusted assistant and I would like to address you, dear children! We all know that in one night, Santa has to go around the world delivering gifts to good children! After all that work , he will also be very tired and will need a sweet regenerating break. Why not prepare him a sweet breakfast or a snack to give him energy and joy? I would like to offer you one of his favorite recipes, coconut biscuits. Prepare them together with your mother: Santa Claus will be delighted!
Video of the Recipe
Problems with playing the video? Reload the video from youtube.
Identity Card of the Recipe
- 378 KCal Calories per serving
For about 30-35 cookies
- 80 g (2 medium) of egg white
- 1 pinch of salt
- 130 g of coconut
- 65 g of powdered sugar
For decoration (optional)
- Gluten-free product: 40 g of dark chocolate
- Electric whips
- Bowls of different sizes
- Baking plates
- Baking paper
- Chopping board and knife for chocolate
- Spatula or wooden ladle
- Shell the eggs and divide the yolks from the whites. Pour the egg whites into a bowl, add a pinch of salt and work with the electric whisk at maximum speed until the mixture is stable and swollen.
Don't throw the yolks away!
In this recipe we only need the egg whites. The yolks can be recovered to make zabaglione, custard, shortcrust pastry and a thousand other desserts!
- In a bowl, mix the powdered sugar with the grated coconut. Slowly and little by little add the mixture obtained to the whipped egg whites. You will get a dense and grainy mixture.
- Line 2 plates with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven to 160 ° C.
- Take a teaspoon of dough from the bowl and form a ball with your hands. Place the cakes obtained on the baking plates lined with greaseproof paper, taking care to maintain a certain distance between one sweet and the other.
- Bake the sweets at 160 ° C for about 12 minutes, checking the surface from time to time to make sure that they cook evenly.
- Once cooked, leave the sweets to dry in the off oven for a few minutes.
- Proceed with the decoration only when the biscuits have cooled down well.
- Cut the dark chocolate into small pieces and melt it in the microwave or in a double boiler. Dip the base of each coconut cake in the melted chocolate and leave to solidify in the fridge for half an hour or at room temperature for a couple of hours.
- The treats are ready to be served.
Alice's comment - PersonalCooker[I turn to Santa] “So, Santa: do you like these coconut cookies? If I'm not mistaken, they are your favorites! I revealed your tastes to the children, so when you bring them the gifts, you can even stop for a couple of minutes to relax with these delights! "
Nutritional values and Health Comment on the recipeCoconut Biscuits Without Butter are rather energetic dry pastry desserts. The caloric intake derives mainly from lipids, but carbohydrates and proteins also represent a large slice of the total energy. Cholesterol is absent but saturated fats are predominantly unsaturated. The fibers are more than abundant. The Butter-free Coconut Biscuits are not suitable for a low-calorie diet and for those against metabolic diseases. The average serving is around 30g (115kcal) - around 4 cookies.