Raw Cous Cous
Today a recipe that will make the dish explode with aromas, colors and energy, able to give us an incredible charge of vitamins and minerals: raw cous cous. Are you incredulous? Well, it is possible to create the typical effect of semolina grains without using the common cous cous, without using the help of heat! Let's find out this very special raw food recipe together!
Video of the Recipe
Problems with playing the video? Reload the video from youtube.
Identity Card of the Recipe
- 350 g of cauliflower
- 10 g of hemp seeds
- Lemon zest of untreated lemon
- Q.b. of pepper
- Q.b. of salt
- 1 pinch of turmeric
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 30 g of capers
- 150 g of cherry tomatoes
- 30 g of celery
- 120 g of peppers
- Raw food: 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Chopping board
- Lemon grater or row
- Clean the cauliflower: remove the outer leaves and the ribs, cut the flowering inflorescences and rinse them in running water.
- Gather the buds in the container of a mixer and blend everything until you get a grainy consistency, similar to couscous.
- Combine the cauliflower "couscous" in a bowl and mix with a drizzle of cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil and turmeric.
Did you know that
Turmeric, in this recipe, is used not only as a spice but also to color the cauliflower yellow: the appearance will look a lot like semolina couscous!
- Clean the peppers: cut them into layers, remove the stalk, seeds and internal filaments. Cut the layers into cubes.
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and cut them into very small pieces.
- Wash the celery and cut it into cubes.
- Rinse the parsley and chop it with a knife.
The advice OK
To keep the active ingredients of the vegetables as unaltered as possible, we recommend using a ceramic knife: steel, in fact, could oxidize the active ingredients!
- Rinse the capers in water to remove excess salt.
- Gather all the ingredients: then mix the fake couscous with cherry tomatoes, peppers, celery, parsley and capers. Season with salt and pepper. Add the unhulled hemp seeds (wholemeal) and flavor with grated lemon zest. If necessary add a little more oil and serve immediately.
Alice's comment - PersonalCookerI promised you an "explosion of vitality and energy, and so it was. Now a few" advantages and disadvantages of the dish: a note of merit goes to the numerous antioxidant molecules present here (such as ascorbic acid) and minerals ( eg potassium). The abundance of fiber makes the dish very satiating. Furthermore, raw couscous is low in fat, therefore also suitable for those who follow a low-calorie diet. Unfortunately, raw cauliflower also provides a certain amount of chelating substances, responsible for binding some mineral salts, slowing down their absorption. Since cauliflower is a goitrogen food, it is not suitable for people suffering from hyperuricemia or gout.
Nutritional values and Health Comment on the recipeATTENTION! Due to the lack of data referring to the nutritional composition of certain ingredients, it is not possible to establish with certainty the chemical values of the recipe.
The Raw Cous Cous is a low-calorie first course without ingredients of animal origin. Energy should be provided mainly by simple carbohydrates, while the portion of lipids and proteins (with medium-low biological value) would be less important. Fatty acids should be predominantly unsaturated, cholesterol absent and fiber abundant.
The Raw Cous Cous is a food suitable for any diet, including that against celiac disease and lactose intolerance. It is suitable for the diet against hypercholesterolemia (due to its lipid profile and abundance of fiber), hypertension ( thanks to the potassium content), for diabetes, hypertriglyceridemia and overweight.