Biscuits with Walnuts Without Butter
Well found in the gastronomic clinic of My-personaltrainerTv.
Do you remember that among my very first recipes I presented the classic ammonia biscuits? Well, now I suggest an even lighter variant of these biscuits, prepared with oil instead of butter. The novelty also lies in another ingredient: under the advice of Viola, who follows us with Ivan from the beautiful Pesaro, today we will prepare ammonia biscuits with walnuts!
Video of the Recipe
Problems with playing the video? Reload the video from youtube.
Identity Card of the Recipe
- 360 KCal Calories per serving
- 350-400 g of white flour type 00
- 100 g of sugar
- 70 g of walnut kernels
- 50 ml of corn oil
- 50 ml of milk
- 120 g (2 medium) of eggs
- 1 sachet of ammonium bicarbonate
- half a glass of rum
- To brush: 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 large bowls
- 1 whip
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 star mold (or any other shape you like)
- 1 rolling pin
- 1 baking sheet
- Baking paper
- 1 small brush
- 1 cutting board for food
- 1 knife
- Food Markers (optional)
- First, crush the walnuts with the special tool and cut out the kernels. Coarsely chop the walnuts with a sharp knife.
The advice OK
The advice is to chop the walnut kernels with a knife or crescent and to avoid the electric blender in order not to obtain a flour.
- So prepare the dough: in a bowl, beat eggs and sugar with a whisk.
- Then add the oil, milk and rum: continue to mix until a homogeneous mixture is formed.
- In another bowl, pour the flour, the raising agent (ammonium bicarbonate) and the chopped walnuts.
- Then add the powders to the mixture of eggs, sugar, milk and rum. Proceed to knead with your hands; if necessary, add a little more flour until the dough sticks to your hands.
- Roll out the dough with the help of a rolling pin, to form a sheet with a thickness of about 0.4 cm.
- With a star-shaped pastry cutter, cut out the cookies. The scraps of dough can be kneaded again and get other biscuits.
- Arrange the biscuits on baking plates previously lined with greaseproof paper, paying attention to maintain a certain distance between one biscuit and the other to prevent them from sticking together during cooking.
- Before putting them in the oven, brush the biscuits with a little water and distribute a little chopped walnuts.
- Bake in a hot oven at 160-170 ° C for 10-15 minutes, until the surface appears amber.
It is recommended to pay particular attention when opening the oven door and to avoid breathing the steam that will come out of the oven: the exhalations of the leavening agent, in fact, will be quite intense and acrid. However, once the cookies have cooled, the smell of the leavening agent will completely fade.
- Serve cold. Some cookies can be decorated with colored cake markers, to make the dish even more fun.
Alice's comment - PersonalCookerThese little stars are really inviting! Ideal for a rustic breakfast and for a typically English delicious snack with a good tea.
Nutritional values and Health Comment on the recipeThe Butter-free Walnuts Biscuits are dry biscuits rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids. The energy intake is not among the highest in the category, even if the content of carbohydrates (simple and complex) and total lipids is considerable. The average portion of Biscuits with Walnuts Without Butter could be around 20-40g for breakfast ( 70-140kcal).