Baked Chicken Nuggets - Nuggets
Today we will transform a well-known “street food” into a light but nutritious dish at the same time: I'm talking about chicken nuggets, also called nuggets. Usually, these delicacies are fried, while I suggest the baked version. How do you say? What if they are difficult to make? I will leave you speechless by showing you how easy it is to prepare chicken nuggets!
Video of the Recipe
Problems with playing the video? Reload the video from youtube.
Identity Card of the Recipe
- 167 KCal Calories per serving
For 12 croquettes
- 350 g of chicken breast
- 50 g of breadcrumbs
- 20 g of white flour of type 00
- 60 ml of milk
- 60 g (1 medium) of eggs
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 1 teaspoon of flavorings for roasts
- Q.b. of pepper
- Q.b. of salt
- 50 g of spreadable cheese
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Bowls of various sizes
- Baking tray
- Baking paper
- Fork or whisk
- Deprive the chicken breast of the nerve and fatty parts. Cut the meat into cubes and combine the chunks in a blender container, along with the cream cheese, salt, pepper, mustard paste and roast flavorings. Blend everything until you get a creamy mixture. If the dough is too dry, mix with a spoonful of milk.
The alternative idea
As an alternative to spreadable cheese, you can use an egg or the same amount of fresh ricotta or bread softened in milk.
- Prepare a bowl with a solution based on egg, milk, salt and pepper: emulsify the mixture with a whisk or fork.
- On a plate, collect the breadcrumbs and, in a bowl, combine the white flour.
- Take a portion of the chicken mixture (about 35 g), rolling it in your hands until you get a small meatball. Flatten the meatball to obtain a medallion. Proceed in this way with all the dough.
- Roll each chicken meatball in the flour, removing the excess. Then quickly pass the medallion in the egg and breadcrumbs. Repeat this last step twice for each croquette: in this way you will obtain a double breading.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (ventilated).
- Arrange the nuggets in a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Brush the surface with two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. and bake at 180 ° C until golden brown.
- Serve the nuggets hot, with yogurt sauce or plain mayonnaise.
Alice's comment - PersonalCookerTasting these delicacies will no longer be so sinful thanks to light cooking! For an egg-free version, I recommend rolling the croquettes in chopped corn flakes, while for a tastier variant, why not enrich the dough with ground olives or peas? Try and let me know what your chicken croquette is. favorite!
Nutritional values and Health Comment on the recipeBaked Chicken Croquettes are a food that falls within the group of dishes.
They have an average caloric intake, provided mainly by proteins, followed by lipids and finally by carbohydrates.
The peptides are mainly of high biological value, the monounsaturated fatty acids and the complex carbohydrates.
The fiber content is low while the cholesterol content is significant.
In adequate portions, Baked Chicken Croquettes are suitable for any diet; those for overweight and against metabolic diseases are no exception.
On the other hand, they are contraindicated for celiac disease and lactose intolerance.
They are not even suitable for vegetarian and vegan diets.
The average portion corresponds to about 150-250g (250-415kcal).