Raw Zucchini Lasagna
I love zucchini in every way, and summer is definitely the right time to appreciate its flavor at its best! So I propose you some delicious and very tasty zucchini lasagna! How do you say? Don't you want to turn on the oven? But the recipe that I propose today it is raw food, and does not require cooking of any kind. Are you curious to find out how to prepare raw lasagna? Then don't miss the video!
Video of the Recipe
Problems with playing the video? Reload the video from youtube.
Identity Card of the Recipe
- 111 KCal Calories per serving
- 400 g of zucchini
- 50 g of green olives
- Untreated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- A few basil leaves
- Q.b. of pepper
- Q.b. of salt
- 5 g of yeast flakes
- 50 g of almonds
- 300 g of San Marzano tomatoes
- 30 g of capers
- Lemon grater or row
- First, soak the almonds in water for a couple of hours.
- Clean the courgettes, then wash them in cold water and remove the stalk. With the help of a mandolin or a sharp knife, cut the courgettes into very thin slices.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them into thin slices.
- Arrange the courgettes and tomato slices on a plate and add a little salt (preferably wholemeal), pepper, extra virgin olive oil, chopped basil, oregano and lemon zest.
- Leave to flavor for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, devote yourself to the preparation of raw cheese. Drain the almonds from the soaking water and combine them in a glass of a blender together with the brewer's yeast and one or two tablespoons of water. Blend until you obtain a paste with a consistency similar to that of ricotta.
- Coarsely chop the olives and capers with a knife or blender.
- Form the portions of raw lasagna following this order: slices of flavored zucchini, slices of flavored tomato, almond ricotta, olives and capers. Cover again with other slices of zucchini and tomato, and so on until three or more layers are formed.
The original idea
To further flavor the raw lasagna, you can add chopped dried tomatoes or serve the dish with a sauce based on chopped basil, oil and pine nuts.
- Serve immediately with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Alice's comment - PersonalCookerDid you like the recipe? I really hope so because I'm crazy about it! You can clearly make some changes, for example by replacing fresh tomatoes with dried ones or adding very thinly sliced peppers!
Also try the Raw Spaghetti with Zucchini!
Nutritional values and Health Comment on the recipeRaw Zucchini Lasagna is a first course with a modest energy supply. Calories are provided above all by lipids, followed by proteins and finally by carbohydrates. Fatty acids are mainly unsaturated, peptides have a low biological value and simple carbohydrates. The fibers seem very abundant and cholesterol is absent.
Raw Zucchini Lasagne are suitable for most diets, taking care to adjust the portion in overweight subjects. They are allowed in case of celiac disease and lactose intolerance; they are suitable for both vegetarians and vegans.
The average portion is around 200-250g (220-275kcal).