Hazelnut sponge cake
Are you looking for a classic dessert to fill but that has an edge and that stands out from the usual and banal? As an alternative to the classic sponge cake, I propose the hazelnut version: the preparation reflects in many respects that of the reference recipe, but the flavor that will leave in the mouth will conquer even the most demanding palates.
Video of the Recipe
Problems with playing the video? Reload the video from youtube.
Identity Card of the Recipe
- 297 KCal Calories per serving
- 100 g of hazelnuts
- 300 g (5 medium) of eggs
- 120 g of sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 75 g of cornstarch
- 75 g of white flour of type 00
- 4 g of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- Electric hand mixer
- Hinged pan with a diameter of 24 cm
- Scale weighs food
- Collect the hazelnuts in a blender and reduce them into a very thin, pasty mince.
- Combine the hazelnut cream in the container of an electric mixer, then add the eggs, the vanilla essence and the sugar: work the mixture for at least 10 minutes, until you get a soft and voluminous cream.
- Preheat the oven to 160 ° C (ventilated).
- Meanwhile, mix the white flour with the cornstarch, salt and baking powder.
Did you know that
Instant yeast is an ingredient that does not appear in the traditional sponge cake recipe: in fact, here we find hazelnuts that tend to weigh down the consistency of the dough. To overcome this problem, we recommend adding a pinch of yeast.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg, sugar and hazelnut cream, taking care to mix slowly and from bottom to top to keep the air inside the dough.
- Pour the cream into a 24 cm diameter springform pan.
- Bake in a hot oven at 160 ° C (ventilated) for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before cutting into slices. The hazelnut sponge cake can be cut into horizontal discs and filled with creams of your choice.
Alice's comment - PersonalCookerThe hazelnut sponge cake is a very interesting variant of the traditional one. It lends itself to being filled with vanilla and chocolate creams. You can use it to make fabulous cakes: unleash your imagination and give life to your favorite dessert!
Nutritional values and Health Comment on the recipeThe Hazelnut Sponge Cake is a food that is part of the pastry basics.
It has a high energy intake, mainly provided by carbohydrates, followed by lipids and finally by proteins.
Carbohydrates are mainly complex, monounsaturated fatty acids and peptides of high biological value.
Fiber and cholesterol are abundant.
This sponge cake is not recommended in case of overweight and metabolic diseases such as: hypercholesterolemia, hyperglycemia, type 2 diabetes mellitus and hypertriglyceridemia.
Contains gluten and does not lend itself to the celiac disease diet.
It is lactose-free and lends itself to the diet against relative intolerance.
It is relevant to the lacto ovo vegetarian philosophy but not to the vegan one.
The average portion depends on the recipe in which it is used.