Vegetable Escalopes with Mushrooms
Today we will transform a classic of Italian cuisine, the escalope, from a meat dish to a cholesterol-free and "very vegetarian" dish! The basic raw material is Mopur, a particular vegetable meat, light and digestible, prepared with legume flour, gluten and yeast. Let's cook the vegetable escalope with mushrooms together!
Video of the Recipe
Problems with playing the video? Reload the video from youtube.
Identity Card of the Recipe
- 118 KCal Calories per serving
- 4 slices of 100 g l "one of Seitan, Wheat Muscle or Mopur
- Organic product: about 50 ml of dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 40 g of cornstarch
- 400 g of champignon or chiodini or pioppini mushrooms
- 1 sprig of parsley
- whole salt to taste or 10 g of gomasio
- 1 clove of garlic
- Pan with lid
- Chopping board
- Casserole for cooking mushrooms
- Scoop or wooden spoons
To make this dish we used the previously prepared Mopur. Mopur is a particular type of vegetable meat that is prepared by mixing pure gluten, legume flour, salt, spices, water, oil and mother yeast. As an alternative to Mopur, it is possible to use Seitan or Wheat Muscle.
- Prepare the Mopur following THIS RECIPE.
- Clean the mushrooms and cook them with a drizzle of oil, a clove of garlic, salt and pepper. Look at the recipe for SAUTÉED MUSHROOMS.
- Cut the Mopur into 1-1.5 cm thick slices, according to your taste.
- Roll the slices of Mopur on the cornstarch (or on the flour).
- Heat a couple of tablespoons of oil in a pan and brown the floured slices of Mopur for a couple of minutes.
- Deglaze with the white wine and add the sautéed mushrooms.
- Now cook over low heat for about ten minutes, season with gomasio (or whole salt) and serve with plenty of chopped parsley.
Alice's comment - PersonalCookerEscalopes with mushrooms ready to be served, without harming the animals! With vegetable meat you can invent endless recipes: just a pinch of imagination is enough!
Nutritional values and Health Comment on the recipeVegetable Escalopes with Mushrooms are a completely vegan dish with a side dish. It does not provide excessive amounts of calories and energy is distributed in a rather balanced way between carbohydrates, proteins and lipids. The fatty acids are mainly unsaturated, therefore beneficial against metabolic diseases, cholesterol is absent and fibers are abundant.
It is also a useful dish in the diet against overweight. The average portion of Vegetable Scallops with Mushrooms is about 150-250g (180-300kcal).