Quick Sponge Cake (in 5 minutes)
You know, the secret of a perfect sponge cake is the long processing of the eggs with sugar. But if we want to speed up the times and still prepare a sponge cake worthy of merit, I can suggest some tricks: boiling water and bicarbonate, two ingredients that do not appear in the traditional recipe. Do you want to discover the quick variant of the sponge cake (with preparation in 5 minutes)? Don't miss the video!
Video of the Recipe
Problems with playing the video? Reload the video from youtube.
Identity Card of the Recipe
- 253 KCal Calories per serving
- 300 g (5 medium) of eggs
- 200 g of sugar
- 125 g of white flour of type 00
- 125 g of cornstarch or frumina or rice flour
- 50 ml of water
- Untreated lemon juice and zest
- 2 g of baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- Half a glass of VOV liqueur or rum
- Hinged pan with a diameter of 24 cm
- Electric hand mixer
- Scale weighs food
- Preheat the oven to 160 ° C (ventilated).
- Shell the eggs and collect them in the container of an electric mixer. Flavor with grated lemon zest, add a pinch of salt and add the sugar. Work the mixture for 1 minute, at maximum speed.
- In the meantime, bring the water to a boil: when it has reached 100 ° C, pour the water slowly into the egg cream. Aromatize to taste with half a glass of liqueur vov.
- Meanwhile, mix the white flour with the rice flour (or with the potato starch, corn starch or wheat starch).
How to easily remember the doses
Remembering the doses for this quick sponge cake is easy: for each egg, calculate 10 ml of water, 40 ml of sugar (also cane, for those who like) and 50 g of flour (white flour or half white flour and half dose of any starch).
The vov liqueur can be replaced with another liqueur (eg rum) or with vanilla essence.
- Combine the powders with the egg cream, adding the mix by spoonfuls, in the same container as the electric mixer, taking care to maintain the minimum speed.
- At this point, add the juice of half a lemon and a pinch of baking soda.
- Pour the mixture into a hinged pan with a diameter of 24 cm, previously lined with baking paper.
- Level the dough with a spatula and bake in a preheated oven at 160 ° C for about 25-30 minutes. It is advisable to carry out the toothpick test before removing the cake from the oven.
- When the quick sponge cake is ready, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool completely before cutting it into horizontal discs. This sponge cake is perfect to be filled with any type of cream: we recommend, however, to soak the layers with a syrup of your choice before proceeding with the filling.
Alice's comment - PersonalCookerThis sponge cake is fabulous and, above all, very fast! With this recipe, we will be able to make a good impression even in a very short time, without necessarily having to wait a long time for the processing of eggs with sugar. Now we can fill it with any cream: if you follow me in my next video, I propose a really unusual filling. Do not miss the cake with coconut cream, bananas and blueberries.
Nutritional values and Health Comment on the recipeThe Quick Sponge Cake is a food that is part of the pastry bases.
It has a moderate energy intake and is mainly provided by carbohydrates, followed by lipids and finally by proteins.
Carbohydrates are mainly simple, unsaturated fatty acids and peptides of medium and high biological value.
Cholesterol is high and fiber is low.
The Quick Sponge Cake does not lend itself to diets for overweight and against metabolic diseases; it is especially contraindicated in the case of type 2 diabetes mellitus, hypertriglyceridemia and hypercholesterolemia.
It does not lend itself to the diet for celiac disease but has no contraindications for lactose intolerance.
Meets the criteria of the vegetarian diet but not the vegan one.
The average portion is around 40g (100kcal).