Broad bean, pea and spinach soup
Recipe in full green style in the kitchen of My-peronaltraier: today we celebrate spring with a satiating pea, broad bean and spinach soup with mint scent! A handful of ingredients to fill up on nature and well-being!
Video of the Recipe
Problems with playing the video? Reload the video from youtube.
Identity Card of the Recipe
- 75 KCal Calories per serving
- Fresh food: 150 g of broad beans
- Q.b. of salt
- Optional: 20 g of wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 120 g of soy yogurt
- 50 g of celery
- 1 bunch of mint
- Q.b. of water
- 150 g of spinach
- 200 g of potatoes
- 150 g of peas
- Q.b. of pepper
- Casserole with lid
- Immersion mixer
- Chopping board
- Vegetable peeler
- Shell the fresh broad beans and peel them, depriving them of the integument that surrounds each seed. Shell the peas and collect the legumes in a saucepan.
- Clean the spinach, wash them thoroughly with water and baking soda, then rinse and spin them.
- Wash the celery stalks and cut them into pieces.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes. Combine potatoes, spinach and celery in the casserole with the legumes. Pour in the cold water and cover flush. Bring the saucepan over the heat, cover with the lid and bring to a boil. Cook for about 30-35 minutes.
- At the end of cooking, remove any excess cooking liquid and set aside. Add some fresh mint leaves, season with salt and pepper, then add two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Blend the vegetables with the immersion blender until you get a velvety mixture. Finish by adding some soy yogurt and wheat germ .
Did you know that
Soy yogurt (neutral taste) is ideal for adding to soups and vegetable purees to give a creamy, slightly acidic note.
The wheat germ is used in this recipe to enrich the soup in nutrients: the embryo of the wheat kernel, in fact, is rich in good fats, B vitamins, minerals, vitamin E and proteins.
The bean soup can also be embellished with grated vegan cheese, prepared with ground almonds together with flakes of brewer's yeast.
- Serve the soup with croutons or brown rice.
Alice's comment - PersonalCookerHave you completed your seasonal shopping? Then run to your greengrocer and fill the basket with these fantastic vegetables and legumes, which will allow you to create fabulous recipes, all strictly faithful allies of your health.
Nutritional values and Health Comment on the recipeThe Bean, Pea and Spinach Soup is a recipe that could be contextualized among the first courses.
It has a low calorie intake, mainly provided by carbohydrates, followed by lipids and finally proteins.
Carbohydrates are mainly complex, monounsaturated fatty acids and peptides of medium biological value.
The fiber content is very relevant and cholesterol is absent.
In adequate portions, the soup of beans, peas and spinach lends itself to any diet; those for overweight and against metabolic diseases are no exception.
It has no contraindications towards celiac and lactose intolerant.
It is relevant in vegetarian and vegan diets.
The average portion corresponds to about 350-500g (260-375kcal).
The nutritional values on the side refer to 100 grams of food without wheat germ and added water.