We have already prepared many gnocchi together! But, considering that there are countless variations, today I propose the exquisite Parisian gnocchi which - I must admit - I discovered them almost by chance! How are they prepared? With a simple choux pastry yes, just that: the same pasta with which the cream puffs are prepared. The dough is then boiled in water and au gratin in the oven with béchamel and parmesan.
Video of the Recipe
Problems with playing the video? Reload the video from youtube.
Identity Card of the Recipe
- 185 KCal Calories per serving
For the dough
- 125 ml of milk
- 60 g of butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- 75 g of white flour of type 00
- 120 g (2 medium) of eggs
- 1 grated nutmeg
For the dressing and for gratinating
- 250 g of light bechamel
- About 30 g of grated Parmesan cheese
- Small saucepan
- Large saucepan
- Precision balance
- Wooden spoon
- Sac à poche
- Pyrex dish
- First, prepare the choux pastry. In a saucepan, melt the butter in the milk, add salt and nutmeg.
- Sift the flour and add it all at once to the butter and milk mixture. Continue stirring until the mixture comes off the walls and a thin film of film forms on the bottom.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add, one at a time, the eggs at room temperature. It is recommended not to add the second egg if the first has not been completely absorbed by the mixture.
- Prepare the bechamel without butter as shown in THIS VIDEO. Distribute a part of the béchamel in the bottom of a large Pyrex dish.
Did you know that.
In the original recipe, the Parisian gnocchi are flavored with Mornay sauce, which is nothing more than a bechamel enriched with a yolk and parmesan cheese. To reduce the total amount of fat and cholesterol, here we have proposed a simple light béchamel, prepared without butter and with rice milk.
- Meanwhile, boil a saucepan with plenty of lightly salted water. Transfer the choux pastry mixture into a pastry bag with a smooth spout.
- As soon as the water starts to boil, place the sac à poche over the casserole and push the mixture to the end of the pocket: get small dumplings with the help of a knife. It is recommended to refer to the video. With a slotted spoon, gradually remove the gnocchi from the cooking water as soon as they begin to float, and place them in the pan with the béchamel. Continue in this way until all the dough is finished.
- Cover the gnocchi with the remaining béchamel, sprinkle with grated parmesan and bake at 180 ° C for 15 minutes or in the microwave for 5 minutes (combined micro-grill function).
- Serve the steaming dumplings.
Alice's comment - PersonalCookerNothing to do with the classic potato gnocchi! But this Parisian specialty was a real find for me that I would recommend to everyone! A very special but extraordinarily interesting recipe, which you can also prepare in time and brown on the spot! For a lunch with all the trimmings!
Nutritional values and Health Comment on the recipeGnocchi alla Parisina are a fairly energetic first course. Most of the energy is given by fats, which are mainly of the saturated type; the cholesterol content is considerable.
The Gnocchi alla Parisina are not suitable foods for the diet of the subject with hypercholesterolemia but portions of 100-150g (185-275kcal - as a single dish, to be used one-off) can also be consumed by subjects in low-calorie nutritional therapy.