Craving for French sweets? We don't necessarily have to fly to France to taste them! In fact, today we will mix egg white, almonds and sugar giving life to the now famous macarons, irresistible pastries that are so fashionable in this period. It is a sort of meringue, generally colored and more elaborate than the original, then stuffed with ganache cream or with another cream of your choice. Let's see how macarons are prepared.
Video of the Recipe
Problems with playing the video? Reload the video from youtube.
Identity Card of the Recipe
- 365 KCal Calories per serving
For about 100 macarons (50 sweets)
- 25ml of water
- About 80 g (2 medium) of egg white
- A few drops of red-blue dye
- 90 g of almonds
- 85 g of sugar
- 100 g of powdered sugar
For the filling (optional)
- About 200 g of chocolate ganache
- Electric whisk
- Small saucepan
- Sac à poche
- Chop the almonds with the icing sugar until a very fine powder is formed. Mix half of the egg whites with the almond and sugar mixture, until you get a paste.
- Beat the remaining egg whites until stiff with 15 g of granulated sugar.
- In the meantime, heat the remaining 70 g of granulated sugar with the water and cook until it reaches 112-118 ° C.
- Continuing to beat the egg whites, pour in the very hot sugar for at least 8-10 minutes: you will have to obtain a very shiny and firm mixture.
- Incorporate the meringue into the almond mixture, stirring gently and from bottom to top.
- Divide the dough into two bowls: add a drop of blue coloring in one part of the dough and a drop of red coloring in the other.
- Pour the mixture into a pastry bag with a smooth spout.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. With the pastry bag, form tufts of dough, taking care to leave a space between one and the other.
Did you know that
Unlike many recipes, the macarons we have proposed do not require rest before cooking: they are in fact ready to be cooked in the oven!
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C: bake the plates for 1 minute at 200 ° C. Without opening the oven door, lower the temperature to 180 ° C and cook for 2 minutes. Finish cooking at 150 ° C for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and let the macarons rest for 2 minutes before taking them out.
- Remove the plates from the oven and allow to cool completely before removing the macarons from the parchment paper.
- Fill the sweets with a chocolate ganache.
The right idea
In this case, we stuffed the macarons with a dark chocolate ganache. However, they can also be filled with hazelnut, pistachio, lemon, fruit cream, etc.
Alice's comment - PersonalCookerHere they are our mini French creations! I realize that preparing macarons is not so immediate and the recipe also takes some time but what about the result? The effort was worth it!
Also try the vegan macarons: a real revolution in the kitchen!
Nutritional values and Health Comment on the recipeMacarons are very caloric sweets because they are rich in simple carbohydrates and fats (good fiber intake deriving from almonds). For this reason, macarons are not suitable for the diet of the overweight subject and the type 2 diabetic. healthy, the average serving of Macarons is around 30-40g (110-150kcal).