Among the cookies worthy of merit we certainly cannot forget the now famous cookies. The resounding success of these biscuits began almost by chance, back in 1939, when Miss Wakefield, realizing that she had run out of cocoa for the making of her biscuits, invented the introduction of pieces of chocolate in her recipe. so much appreciated that they will soon go around the world By adjusting the “original” doses of the recipe a little, let's see together how the exquisite biscuit cookies are prepared.
Video of the Recipe
Problems with playing the video? Reload the video from youtube.
Identity Card of the Recipe
- 330 KCal Calories per serving
For about 20-24 cookies
- 4 g of ammonium bicarbonate
- 50 g of butter
- 70 g of chocolate chips or dark chocolate flakes
- 150 g of white flour of type 00
- 60 g (1 medium) of eggs
- 1 sachet of vanillin
- 30 g of powdered sugar
- 40 g of brown sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- Large bowl
- Wooden ladles
- Baking plate
- Baking paper
- Grid for cooling biscuits
- In a bowl, mix the butter at room temperature with the brown sugar and the icing sugar until it forms a cream.
- Add the egg and work everything again with the wooden ladle.
- Mix the flour with the ammonium bicarbonate (leavening agent that gives a very particular fragrance to the cookies), the salt and the vanillin. Combine the "powders" with the cream of sugar, butter and eggs.
Did you know that
Some recipes suggest replacing the fine salt with coarse salt for the preparation of cookies. In this variant, the use of fine salt is suggested to obtain a more delicate flavor.
- As a last ingredient add the chocolate chips (it is also possible to use simple chocolate flakes): you will have to obtain an extremely dense mixture.
- Line two plates with baking paper. With the help of two teaspoons, divide the dough into tufts weighing approximately 20-25 g each: arrange the tufts on the baking tray, taking care to keep a certain distance between them because the biscuits , during cooking, they swell and enlarge.
- Heat the oven to 180 ° C: when it is hot, bake the two plates for 15 minutes.
Being prepared with ammonium bicarbonate, a strong exhalation will inevitably be released during cooking: what has been said is absolutely normal and the ammonia-like odor will disappear when the biscuits have cooled.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on a rack.
- Serve cold.
Alice's comment - PersonalCookerBorn in the United States and appreciated all over the world, these are the cookies proposed by My-personaltrainerTv, whose recipe has been specially "refined" trying to reduce the calories a little. However, let us remember that it is a biscuit prepared with a little butter, sugar and eggs, to be consumed with some consideration (but be careful, because one pulls the other!).
Don't miss the recipe for Vegan Wholemeal Cookies!
Nutritional values and Health Comment on the recipeCookies are traditional American cookies. Those of the Alice variant provide a fair amount of energy fatty acids but certainly lower than the traditional recipe. Cookies cookies can be used as breakfast foods in portions of about 30-40g for a total of 100-130kcal.