Chickpea Hamburger - Vegetarian Hamburger
There is no need to resort to who knows what magic tricks to transform simple legumes into tasty burgers! And today I will prove it to you with this curious recipe: I propose you some excellent chickpea burgers, prepared exclusively with the fruits that Mother Nature has kindly given us. Go with doses and ingredients!
Video of the Recipe
Problems with playing the video? Reload the video from youtube.
Identity Card of the Recipe
- 214 KCal Calories per serving
For about 6-8 chickpea burgers
- Ready product: 250 g of chickpeas
- 50 g of tofu
- Organic product: 25 g of potato flakes
- 4-5 tablespoons of soy milk
- q.s. of salt
- 1 pinch of red pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon of ginger
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Pastry board
- Round mold with a diameter of 8 cm
- Pan with lid
- Wooden spoon
- Electric blender
To prepare this recipe we used already boiled chickpeas.
Those who wish can prepare the burgers starting from dried chickpeas: in this case, it will be necessary to soak the chickpeas in cold water for 24 hours. After the soaking period, the chickpeas will have swollen and will be ready to cook in unsalted water for about 90 minutes. Chickpeas, like all legumes, should be salted after cooking to prevent the integument (outer coating) from becoming too hard and woody.
- Blend the boiled chickpeas (drained from the cooking water) together with a few tablespoons of vegetable milk (eg soy milk or rice milk), a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and the tofu, until a thick cream is obtained.
- Work the chickpea cream obtained with salt and spices (chilli, paprika, ginger). Those who wish can also add a teaspoon of sweet mustard. Then combine the organic potato flakes to obtain an easily moldable dough. If the dough is too thick, it is advisable to add another tablespoon of vegetable milk.
- Roll out the dough on a pastry board, with the help of a rolling pin: you will have to obtain a sheet with a thickness of about 1 cm.
- With the round pastry cutter, make 6 or 7 veggie burgers.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and brown the burgers for 2 minutes on each side. Lower the heat, cover with the lid and cook for another 5 minutes. Serve the chickpea burgers with fresh vegetables, possibly adding a few drops of lemon.
Alice's comment - PersonalCookerNo cholesterol and no animal fats, lots of taste, lots of fiber and lots of proteins: all this in a single chickpea burger! You can consume them like this, natural, perhaps together with mixed vegetables: I love to add a few drops of lemon because it enhances the flavor! If you like, you can also taste the chickpea burgers even in a nice sandwich!
Nutritional values and Health Comment on the recipeChickpea Burgers are rather energetic vegetarian foods, even if they are less caloric than traditional ones. The big difference is in the COOKED YIELD; in fact, these burgers DO NOT shrink like traditional meatballs. The energy supply is essentially provided by lipids (mainly monounsaturated) and carbohydrates (mainly complex); proteins are present but less incisive. They do not contain cholesterol, while the quantity of fiber is very high. For this reason, they are suitable for any type of diet The average portion of Chickpea Hamburgers is about 150g (320kcal).