Wild Red Rice Salad
Scent of spring: picnic time! The fresh and light rice salads are perfect for a nice picnic in the middle of nature. For a spring break I thought of preparing a fresh wild red rice salad with a mint scent!
Video of the Recipe
Problems with playing the video? Reload the video from youtube.
Identity Card of the Recipe
- 136 KCal Calories per serving
- 150 g of brown rice or black rice or wild red rice
- 1 bunch of mint
- 100 g of pink grapefruit pulp
- 150 g of tofu
- 50 g of corn
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Q.b. of salt
- Q.b. of pepper
- Casserole with lid
- Cooking pan
- Chopping board
- Pour about half a liter of water into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the wild red rice and cook slowly for 35-40 minutes, respecting the cooking times recommended in the package.
The alternative idea
As an alternative to wild red rice, it is possible to use brown Ribe rice, Venere rice (black rice) or both, taking care - in this case - to cook the two types of rice separately to maintain their color.
- A few minutes before the end of cooking, dedicate yourself to the preparation of the sauce. Cut the pink grapefruit on the live: in other words, remove the skin and the albedo (white part) with the help of a knife, until reaching the pulp. Cut the grapefruit into slices or cubes.
- Cut the tofu stick into regular cubes.
- Pour the oil into a pan and, when hot, sauté the diced tofu and corn in it until golden brown.
- Add the wild red rice and flavor with chopped mint and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, mixing the rice with the grapefruit.
The alternative with shellfish
For those who don't like tofu but love shellfish, I recommend replacing soy cheese with boiled shrimp. The salad can be embellished with legumes, such as peas or broad beans.
- Serve on single portion glasses and consume immediately. The red rice salad can be kept in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Alice's comment - PersonalCookerIf you like this salad to take in the picnic basket, I recommend making single portions to be enclosed in trays with airtight lids. Instead, if you prefer to consume it during a dinner with friends, you can serve them in nice and practical glasses!
Nutritional values and Health Comment on the recipeThe Wild Red Rice Salad is a food that could be included among the first courses.
It has a moderate energy intake and is mainly provided by carbohydrates, followed by lipids and finally by proteins.
Carbohydrates are mainly complex, unsaturated fatty acids and peptides of medium biological value.
Cholesterol is absent and fibers are abundant.
The Wild Red Rice Salad is suitable for any diet, including those for overweight and metabolic diseases.
It has no contraindications for lactose intolerance and celiac disease.
Meets the criteria of the vegetarian and vegan diet.
The average portion of cooked food is about 200-250g (270-340kcal).
The nutritional values on the side refer to 100 grams of cooked food.