Protein Egg White Cake with Bananas and Avocado
Why spend too much money on pre / post workout protein snacks? Preparing targeted snacks at home, rich in protein and low in sugar and fat, is simple and cheap! For this reason, I propose today a really excellent protein cake, designed not only to strengthen muscle mass, but also for all people who, having decided to follow a low-calorie diet, like to indulge - from time to time - a light dessert based on egg whites, proteins, banana and avocado!
Video of the Recipe
Problems with playing the video? Reload the video from youtube.
Identity Card of the Recipe
- 166 KCal Calories per serving
For the cake
- 300 g of egg white
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of cream of tartar
- 3 g of baking powder
- 50 ml of skimmed milk
- 40 g of fructose
- 100 g of banana
- 100 g of avocado pulp
- 45 g of whey protein
- 100 g of oat flour
For decoration (optional)
- 2 g of isinglass
- 50 g of banana
- 5 g of hazelnuts
For the protein cream
- 150 g of banana pulp
- 10 g of bitter cocoa
- 25 g of stevia and erythritol or another type of sweetener
- 50 g of whey protein
- 200 g of lean ricotta
- 100 g of avocado
- Electric whips
- Hinged pan with a diameter of 24 cm
- Chopping board
- Long blade saw knife
- First, prepare the dough for the basic cake. Cut the avocado lengthwise, remove the stone and peel it. Cut the pulp into cubes, weigh 100 g and collect them in the container of a pressure blender.
- Peel the banana, cut the pulp into slices. Combine the banana with the avocado and blend until a frothy cream is obtained.
- In a bowl, sift the oat flour and combine the fructose, baking powder and protein powder. Mix the powders with the banana and avocado cream, then add the skim milk.
Did you know that
Oats are the richest in protein, have a low glycemic index, are a source of fiber and are capable of providing long-term energy without causing glycemic spikes.
In this recipe we used banana-flavored milk protein isolate (pro 80), but you can use pea protein isolate, soy protein or any other flavor of milk protein you like.
To sweeten, we recommend fructose but those who want to replace it with stevia, erythritol or sweetener in drops (eg TIC).
Avocado is a source of "good" fats, and is used as an alternative to butter, margarine and oil.
Skimmed milk is high in protein and low in fat: it can be replaced with soy milk or other types of vegetable milk.
- Preheat the oven to 160 ° C (ventilated) and line a hinged pan with a diameter of 24 cm.
- Combine the egg whites in a blender container and whip until stiff, adding the cream of tartar (mass stabilizer) and a pinch of salt halfway through the process.
- Mix the egg whites into the mixture with avocado, banana and proteins, taking care to mix the mixture from bottom to top to avoid letting the egg whites go limp. Pour the mixture into the pan and bake at 160 ° C for 45-50 minutes.
- While waiting for the cake to cook, start preparing the filling cream. In the container of a blender, combine 100 g of avocado pulp and blend it with the lean ricotta. Mix the ricotta cream with protein powder and bitter cocoa, then sweeten with stevia and erythritol (or with another sweetener).
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool completely. Cut the protein cake into two discs, using a long-bladed saw knife.
- Distribute the ricotta cream on the base of the cake. Add the banana cut into slices and cover with the other disc.
- Proceed with the decoration (optional). Soak the gelatine in cold water for 5 minutes. Squeeze the isinglass from soaking and heat it in the microwave until melted.
- Decorate the cake by making a flower with banana slices, then brush with the melted gelatin - essential to avoid oxidizing the fruit - and place a hazelnut in the center.
Alice's comment - PersonalCookerThis protein dessert, in addition to being light and really delicious, is also perfect for an alternative protein breakfast. And the beauty is that you can serve it on the table and make a good impression: think that I formulated this dessert to bring it as a gift to a bodybuilder friend, in view of a dinner. Result? Amazing!
Nutritional values and Health Comment on the recipeThe Protein Egg White Cake with Bananas and Avocado is a recipe that is part of the desserts.
It has a medium caloric intake, provided mainly by carbohydrates, followed by proteins and finally by lipids.
Carbohydrates are mainly complex, monounsaturated fatty acids, peptides with high and medium biological value.
The fiber content is high while cholesterol is irrelevant.
With a sporadic frequency and reduced portions, it could also be included in diets against overweight and non-serious metabolic pathologies.
It is contraindicated for celiac and lactose intolerant.
It is not allowed on vegetarian and vegan diets.
The average portion of food used as a snack corresponds to about 60-80g (100-130kcal).