Asparagus rolls with Sfoglia and Speck
Fanciful aperitif or alternative side dish? I would like to offer you an ad hoc recipe: crunchy puff pastry rolls stuffed with asparagus and speck. A triumph of flavor perfect for lovers of intense flavors and contrasting textures!
Video of the Recipe
Problems with playing the video? Reload the video from youtube.
Identity Card of the Recipe
- 213 KCal Calories per serving
For 15 rolls
- 200 g of puff pastry
- 350 g (about 15 pieces) of white asparagus
- 100 g of speck
- Q.b. of salt
- Q.b. of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 10 g of breadcrumbs
- Asparagus pot or saucepan
- Baking tray
- Baking paper
- Clean the asparagus. Wash the asparagus in running water, cut the last 2-3 cm from the bottom, then peel them.
Did you know that
Peeling is not necessary in thin asparagus, but it is indispensable in large asparagus. For this recipe, you can use either white, green or both asparagus.
The asparagus peels can be recovered by frying them in hot oil!
- Boil the asparagus for 10 minutes, placing them horizontally in a low-sided saucepan. Alternatively, cook the asparagus in the special pot (asparagus pot), placing them in a vertical position and leaving the tips pointing upwards. It is advisable to keep a fairly soft consistency, while avoiding overcooking the asparagus.
- Drain the asparagus and let them cool. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Wrap the asparagus in the slices of speck, excluding the tips.
- With a pastry wheel, cut into strips of puff pastry and wrap the asparagus, completely covering the speck and leaving the tips natural.
- Arrange the asparagus rolls on a baking sheet, side by side. Brush the tips of the asparagus with a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and finish with grated bread.
- Bake at 180 ° C (static) and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool and serve.
Alice's comment - PersonalCookerDo you want to overdo it? Turning one eye to calories, you can dare by enriching the rolls with grated parmesan! If, on the other hand, you don't like speck, why not replace it with slices of spun curd cheese? You can also accompany these tempting snacks with a mayonnaise sauce!
Nutritional values and Health Comment on the recipeThe Asparagus Rolls with Sfoglia and Speck are foods that belong to the group of appetizers.
They have a medium to high caloric intake, provided mainly by lipids, followed by carbohydrates and finally by proteins.
Fatty acids tend to be monounsaturated, peptides have a medium biological value and complex carbohydrates.
Cholesterol is irrelevant and fiber is abundant.
The Asparagus Rolls with Sfoglia and Speck are not suitable for the diet for overweight and are not very suitable even in that for metabolic diseases.
They are contraindicated for lactose intolerance and celiac disease.
They are excluded from vegetarian and vegan philosophies.
The average portion of Asparagus Rolls with Puff Pastry and Speck is about 50g (105kcal).