Octopus Salad with Potatoes
The heat arrives and the table is filled with fresh and light dishes, but without sacrificing taste! For summer dinners, why not propose a beautiful "octopus and potato salad? A classic recipe that never goes out of fashion and that ensures a top-notch success for all lovers of seafood!"
Video of the Recipe
Problems with playing the video? Reload the video from youtube.
Identity Card of the Recipe
- 74 KCal Calories per serving
- Defrosted food: 500 g of octopus
- 30 g of capers
- 50 g of green olives or black olives
- 1 clove of garlic
- Untreated lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Q.b. of pepper
- Q.b. of salt
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 400 g of potatoes
- 100 g of carrots
- 1 stick of celery
- 100 g of cherry tomatoes
- Chopping board
- Blotting paper
- Bowls of various sizes
Octopus can be purchased frozen or fresh. In the first case, the octopus head will already be gutted, while in the second case it will be necessary to remove the entrails by turning the bag inside out.
In addition, there are very valuable octopuses, which have two rows of suckers along the tentacles; those of sand (easily available) instead have long tentacles with a "single row of suckers.
At the time of purchase, it is recommended to check the color and appearance: the octopus must be bright and shiny.
- Clean the Octopus as reported on THIS RECIPE.
- Boil the octopus in water with vegetables (celery and carrot), calculating 18-20 minutes of cooking per kilo of shellfish. Turn off the heat and let the octopus cool in its own liquid to soften the meat.
- In the meantime, focus on cooking the potatoes. Boil the potatoes by immersing them whole (with the peel), in a saucepan with cold water: turn on the heat and boil for 20-30 minutes, or until soft.
- When the octopus is cooked and the meat is soft, remove the skin with a small knife or with sheets of absorbent paper.
- Cut the octopus into pieces, following the tentacles.
- Remove the potatoes from the cooking water and peel. Cut them into cubes and collect them in a bowl together with the octopus. Add, to taste, olives, capers and cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare the citronette sauce by emulsifying the lemon juice with the extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Season the octopus and potatoes with the emulsion and finish with chopped parsley and garlic.
Did you know that
Those who do not particularly like the strong flavor of garlic can avoid adding it directly to the salad: in this case, it is advisable to rub a clove of garlic in the bowl, before adding the octopus with the potatoes.
- Serve the octopus and potato salad warm or cold.
Alice's comment - PersonalCookerDo you want an alternative presentation? You can brown the pieces of octopus in a pan, adding a drizzle of oil, to then present the mollusc paired with a parsley-flavored potato cream! Don't miss the Crispy Octopus recipe!
Nutritional values and Health Comment on the recipeOctopus Salad with Potatoes is a recipe that could be inserted between appetizers or main courses.
It has a low energy intake, mainly provided by carbohydrates, followed by proteins and finally by lipids.
Carbohydrates tend to be complex, peptides of high biological value and monounsaturated fatty acids.
Cholesterol and fiber are relevant.
The Octopus Salad with Potatoes is a food that lends itself to any diet, including those for overweight and metabolic diseases.
It has no contraindications for lactose and gluten intolerance.
It is not covered by vegetarian and vegan philosophies.
The average portion (as an appetizer) is about 130-170g (95-125kcal).