Cheese Rice Timbales - Hearts of Rice for Valentine's Day
Today we will try to adapt a classic first course to one of the most romantic celebrations of the year: Valentine's Day. The recipe we will transform is the cheese risotto: we will try to make small heart-shaped rice timbales, which we will then serve on a sauce. red. Let's see the idea.
Video of the Recipe
Problems with playing the video? Reload the video from youtube.
Identity Card of the Recipe
- 118 KCal Calories per serving
For the cheese risotto (8 timbales)
- q.s. of salt
- 50 g of Fontina cheese
- 50 g of soft cheese
- 50 g of grated Parmesan cheese
- 600 ml of water
- 300 g of rice
For the red sauce
- 30 g of cornstarch
- q.s. of pepper
- q.s. of salt
- Pre-cooked food: 100 g of beetroot
- 300 ml of milk
- Heart-shaped silicone mold
- Casseroles with lids
- Scale weighs food
- Wooden spoons
- Immersion mixer
- First, prepare the rice. Bring the water to a boil, add salt to taste and add the rice. Cover the pot with the lid and cook for 12-13 minutes over medium heat, taking care to keep it boiling steadily.
- Meanwhile, prepare the accompanying sauce. Blend the cooked beetroot together with a part of milk. Then add the corn starch, salt and pepper: emulsify again and bring to the heat. Add the remaining milk and cook over low heat until it boils, stirring often to avoid the formation of lumps. Allow a couple of minutes from boiling and wait for the sauce to thicken.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- At this point, the rice is ready: remove the lid, raise the heat and flavor with grated parmesan, stracchino and chopped or diced Fontina cheese. Stir vigorously to mix the cheeses with the rice.
- Distribute the rice with cheeses in heart-shaped molds: finish cooking in a hot oven at 180 ° C for 10 minutes.
The practical alternative
As an alternative to single-portion molds, it is possible to make a single rice timbale: in this case, it will be sufficient to pour the rice with cheese into a heart-shaped (or round or rectangular) mold and follow the same instructions for cooking al oven.
- Pour the red béchamel on the bottom of a large serving dish.
- Remove the molds from the oven, wait a few moments and turn the timbales over the red béchamel.
- Serve immediately.
Alice's comment - PersonalCookerSeen: with a heart mold and a little imagination we brought to the table a romantic dish, which has all the credentials to make a sweet impression on the day of the feast of love.
Nutritional values and Health Comment on the recipeThe Timbales of Rice with Cheese are a not too caloric first course with a prevalence of carbohydrates, followed by proteins and finally by lipids. The fatty acids are mainly saturated, cholesterol is not very present and the fibers seem almost irrelevant.
The Timbales of Rice with Cheese are not very suitable for the diet against type 2 diabetes mellitus and hypertriglyceridemia; they contain lactose but do not provide gluten.
The average portion is around 200g (236kcal).