Saffron risotto with scallops and shrimp
The golden color dominates in the chic tables set up for the occasion of Christmas. So why not propose a wonderful golden risotto? first course even more noble, elegant and extraordinarily good So let's prepare together the saffron risotto with scallops and shrimps.
Video of the Recipe
Problems with playing the video? Reload the video from youtube.
Identity Card of the Recipe
- 207 KCal Calories per serving
- just enough (about 1 liter) of vegetable broth or fish broth
- 150-200 g (3 large) of scallops
- 100 g of shrimp
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- q.s. of pepper
- 300g of rice
- 1 pinch of salt
- half a glass of sparkling wine
- 1 sachet of saffron
- Saucepan for the broth
- Pot for cooking rice
- Frying pan for browning the scallops and prawns
- Ladle to measure out the broth
- Wooden spoon
- Seashells to decorate the dish (optional)
- First, boil the broth
The advice OK
In this recipe we used vegetable broth. However, to make the risotto even tastier, you can use the fish stock (fish broth).
- Meanwhile, in a very hot pan, brown the scallops with a drop of extra virgin olive oil, then blend with a part of sparkling wine (optional) and continue cooking for a couple of minutes over medium heat. Then add the prawns and cook slowly for another minute.
- Therefore cut the scallops into small pieces, which will be subsequently added to the risotto, just before serving.
- Toast the rice in a saucepan for a couple of minutes, over a rather high heat.
- When it is toasted, deglaze the rice with the sparkling wine; subsequently, add a few ladles of broth and, stirring occasionally, slowly hydrate the rice. Do this for 10 minutes. It is important to stir frequently to make the rice creamy: this way, you won't need to add the butter.
- Meanwhile, dissolve a sachet of saffron in a little vegetable broth and add it to the rice after at least 10 minutes of cooking.
- Always continuing to mix (the risotto must not lose the boil!), At this point add the scallops, shrimps and the sauce that has formed in the pan in which they were browned.
- If necessary, raise the heat and let the risotto dry to give it a creamy note.
- Pepper to taste.
- Serve the risotto inside the scallop shells to make the golden risotto an effect dish.
Alice's comment - PersonalCookerThe sparkling golden risotto is ready to be served: nothing better to start your Christmas lunch with a touch of class. Follow me in my other culinary proposals designed specifically for Christmas.
Nutritional values and Health Comment on the recipeRisotto with scallops and shrimps is a first course based on seafood low in fat BUT rich in high biological value proteins. The average portion is 150g of raw ingredients and corresponds to approximately 350kcal; the fats are relatively moderate and mainly of the monounsaturated type, while the cholesterol portion is almost irrelevant. Dietary fiber is NOT abundant and it is recommended to supplement it with a vegetable-based side dish.