Buckwheat Salad with Broad Beans and Apple
The spring breeze raises the desire to send hot dishes on vacation to replace them with fresh salads! If you are tired of the usual rice salad, I would like to offer you a very fresh and light variant based on hulled buckwheat, which we will flavor with broad beans, dried fruit and raisins, and serve with a green veg sauce!
Video of the Recipe
Identity Card of the Recipe
- 148 KCal Calories per serving
For the base
- 180 g of shelled buckwheat
- Q.b. of pepper
- Q.b. of salt
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 30 g of sultanas
- 50 g of bean sprouts
- 100 g of apples
- 50 g of broad beans
For the salsa verde
- Q.b. of salt
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 125 g of soy yogurt
- Untreated lemon juice
- 20 g of pine nuts
- 30 g of rocket
- 30 g of parsley
- Q.b. of pepper
- Casserole with lid
- Bowls of various sizes
- Chopping board
- Boil the peeled buckwheat in water for 15-20 minutes.
Did you know that
Although it is mistakenly considered a cereal, buckwheat does not belong to the Graminaceae family. It is a special food because it has all the nutritional characteristics of both a cereal and a legume, although it is neither one nor the other. Moreover, since it does not develop gluten in contact with water, it is also suitable for the diet of celiacs.
- In the meantime, shell the beans, peel them to remove the integument that surrounds each seed, then blanch them in water for 5 minutes.
- Soften the raisins in warm water, leaving them to soak for about ten minutes.
- Prepare the dressing (green sauce). Wash the parsley and rocket, then drain them. Combine parsley, rocket, pine nuts, salt, pepper, oil, lemon juice and soy yogurt in a blender container. Mix everything until you get a creamy emulsion.
- When the buckwheat is ready, drain it and let it cool or cool.
- Cut an apple into slices and drain the raisins from soaking. Collect the buckwheat in a bowl, add the broad beans, apple slices, raisins, oil, sprouts, salt and pepper. Serve with the salsa verde.
Alice's comment - PersonalCookerLike any salad, even the buckwheat salad I proposed can be varied, personalizing it by changing the type of cereal, fruit, herbs and seasoning! Spring and summer are two perfect seasons to enjoy fresh salads!
Nutritional values and Health Comment on the recipeThe Buckwheat Salad with Broad Beans and Apple is a recipe that could be contextualized among the unique dishes.
It has an average caloric intake, provided mainly by carbohydrates, followed by lipids and finally by proteins.
Carbohydrates are mainly complex, monounsaturated fatty acids and peptides of medium biological value.
The fiber content is very high and cholesterol is absent.
In adequate portions, the Buckwheat Salad with Broad Beans and Apple lends itself to any diet; those for overweight and against metabolic diseases are no exception.
It has no contraindications towards celiac and lactose intolerant.
It is relevant in vegetarian and vegan diets.
The average portion of ready-to-eat food corresponds to about 250-400g (370-590kcal).
The nutritional values shown on the side refer to 100 grams of cooked food.