Salsa Rubra or Salsa Rossa
Recipe on the fly? Today I suggest an accompanying sauce to enhance the flavor of boiled meats: the red sauce also known as salsa rubra or bagnet ross, made with red peppers and tomato. C "is who adds the onion but, since the onion and I do not get along, I suggest my delicious version! The preparation is very simple: let's see it together.
Video of the Recipe
Problems with playing the video? Reload the video from youtube.
Identity Card of the Recipe
- 50 KCal Calories per serving
- 400 g of fresh tomatoes, peeled tomatoes or canned cherry tomatoes
- 1 piece of chilli
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 or 3 tablespoons of vinegar
- 200 g of peppers
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 stick of celery
- 100 g of carrots
- Q.b. of salt
- Vegetable peeler
- Casserole with lid
- Wooden spoon
- Chopping board
- Immersion mixer
- Peel the carrot and cut it into cubes. Wash the celery, remove the hard and woody filaments and cut it into pieces. In a blender, combine the vegetables and obtain a mince.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a saucepan, flavor with a clove of garlic and a chopped red pepper. Therefore, combine the chopped vegetables. Cook over low heat for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the peeled tomatoes into cubes. Wash the red pepper, cut it into slices, removing the seeds and filaments. With the knife, cut the pepper into small cubes.
- At this point, add the tomatoes and peppers to the chopped vegetables. Add a teaspoon of sugar, salt and two or three tablespoons of apple cider vinegar or wine. Wait for it to boil, lower the heat, cover with the lid and cook gently for 30 minutes, until the sauce has reduced.
The rubra sauce is usually prepared with an onion base; those who wish can chop it together with carrots and celery.
Here we used peeled tomatoes but, in season, it is possible to make the rubra sauce with fresh tomatoes.
- Remove the clove of garlic and blend the sauce with the immersion blender.
- The rubra sauce is ready: it is excellent to serve hot or cold. It can be kept in the fridge for 5-6 days or, for longer storage, pasteurization is recommended.
Alice's comment - PersonalCookerThe rubra sauce is ready: you can taste it with the meat, serve it when you prepare the fondue bougignonne or with the fries yes, even with the fries because the rubra sauce is the progenitor of the most famous ketchup! It can be kept in the fridge for 4-5 days or, for longer storage, you can freeze the sauce or pasteurize it as if it were a jam!
Nutritional values and Health Comment on the recipeSalsa Rubra is a vegan condiment, without ingredients of animal origin, not too energetic and with a caloric prevalence attributable to carbohydrates.
The fibers are present in good quantity and cholesterol is almost absent.
The Red Sauce is suitable for any type of diet (except for special conditions) and the average portion is to be considered almost free.