Soy Milk with Hazelnuts and Banana
Getting in the kitchen is always a good excuse to relax and get the thoughts out of your head! Even better if our idea is to prepare a healthy, genuine and healthy drink! Here I have a very handy juice extractor, ideal for making delicious juices! So I thought I'd try using it to make a soy milk flavored with hazelnut and banana! A real delicacy! Let's see how it is prepared.
Video of the Recipe
Problems with playing the video? Reload the video from youtube.
Identity Card of the Recipe
- 50 g of yellow soybeans
- 1 liter of water
- 100 g of banana pulp
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 piece of Kombu seaweed
- 20 g (1 large) of dates
- 50 g of hazelnuts
- Chopping board
- Gather the yellow soybeans in a bowl and fill with warm water: soak the soybeans for at least 6 hours, changing the water if necessary.
- Drain the soy, rinse it to eliminate phytates and other anti-nutritional elements. Bring a liter of water to a boil, add a pinch of salt and a piece of kombu seaweed: boil the soy for an hour or until the seeds are soft.
- In the meantime, toast the hazelnuts, then leave them to soak for an hour: in this way, the hazelnuts will soften and it will be easier to extract the juices.
- When the soy is ready, separate the cooking liquid from the seeds.
- Cut a banana into slices and ston the date.
- Pour the soybeans into the centrifuge (cold juice squeezer), slowly and little by little pour the cooking liquid, the banana slices, the softened hazelnuts drained from the soaking water and the date. Those who want a more drink liquid, it can add more liquid; for those who love a thicker soy milk, it is advisable to combine less water.
Did you know that
Why use banana and date?
These fruits are very rich in sugars, so they are used to sweeten the milk and correct its flavor. Alternatively, dried apricots, prunes, agave syrup, maple syrup or simple whole cane sugar can be used.
To further correct the flavor, add a teaspoon of cocoa.
Those who do not have a centrifuge can use an immersion mixer or a glass blender: everything will then be filtered through a sieve lined with a cloth.
- Once the centrifuged is obtained, consume within one hour to prevent the oxidation of the active ingredients. Alternatively, pasteurize the drink: in this case, pour the flavored soy milk into sterilized jars, close the lid, immerse the jars completely in cold water, bring to a boil and calculate at least 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it cool in the same cooking water. In this way, soy milk can also be stored for a few months.
Alice's comment - PersonalCookerFlavored soy milk is delicious when eaten hot, perhaps with some accompanying wholemeal biscuits. You can keep it in the fridge for just one day (the presence of the banana tends to oxidize the drink) or freeze it for longer storage. You can also pasteurize it (just like a jam!) And store it in glass jars closed with screw caps!
Nutritional values and Health Comment on the recipeSoy Milk with Hazelnuts and Banana is a vegan-type drink, i.e. free of ingredients of animal origin.
It is not possible to indirectly calculate the nutritional profile, but it is conceivable that it is a low-calorie food, almost certainly less energy than whole cow's milk. Its nutritional profile should also be better and quite different, as soy milk does NOT contain lactose, does NOT contain cholesterol and provides mostly unsaturated fats.
Soy Milk with Hazelnuts and Banana is suitable for any type of diet and the average portion varies according to the hydration coefficient; it is likely between 150 and 300ml.