Avocado, Strawberry and Yogurt Soup - April 25th
For the anniversary of the liberation of Italy, this year I thought of offering you another tricolor recipe: a sweet avocado soup ideal for breakfast! We will blend the avocado with kiwi, fresh spinach and coconut milk, then serve with strawberries and coconut!
Video of the Recipe
Problems with playing the video? Reload the video from youtube.
Identity Card of the Recipe
- 133 KCal Calories per serving
For the cold soup
- 20 ml of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of untreated lemon juice
- 80 ml of coconut milk
- 80 ml of soy yogurt
- 30 g of nettles or spinach
- 100 g of avocado pulp
- 50 g of kiwi pulp
- 50 g of coconut flakes
- 100 g of strawberries
- 100 g of kiwi
- Glass blender
- Chopping board
- Wash the spinach in water and baking soda, then rinse and dry them with the help of a salad spinner.
- Peel two kiwis and cut them into cubes or slices.
- Cut a ripe avocado in half, lengthwise, removing the inner core. Remove the peel from one half and cut into cubes.
As an alternative to baby spinach, nettles can be used. Nettles are known for the characteristic of being stinging plants: in fact, in the leaves of nettles we can find hollow stinging hairs (trichomes) which, upon contact with the skin, act like needles releasing itchy molecules (including histamine).
Soaking nettles removes stinging chemicals.
From a nutritional standpoint, nettles are rich in fiber and protein. From a vitamin point of view, Vit. A, Vit. C. Vit. E and B1 are included.
Among the minerals, however, a note of merit goes to iron, calcium, potassium, manganese.
- Combine the avocado in a glass blender, add a kiwi, soy yogurt, baby spinach, coconut milk, a spoonful of maple syrup and a spoonful of lemon juice. Centrifuge everything until you get a rather thick cream.
- Pour the cold avocado soup into a deep plate.
- Wash the strawberries and cut them into slices. Proceed with the decoration by arranging neatly the kiwis, the coconut slices and the strawberries, thus obtaining the tricolor effect of the Italian flag.
Alice's comment - PersonalCookerWould you like a touch of crunchiness? To complete this sort of fruit “gazpacho”, I recommend accompanying it with crunchy muesli and flax and sunflower seeds! Enjoy your breakfast!
Nutritional values and Health Comment on the recipeAvocado, Strawberry and Yogurt Soup is a food that could be added to desserts.
It has a moderate energy intake and is provided above all by lipids, followed by carbohydrates and finally by proteins.
Fatty acids are predominantly saturated, simple carbohydrates and peptides of low biological value.
Cholesterol is absent and fiber present in large quantities.
Avocado, Strawberry and Yogurt Soup can be contextualized in all food styles; in case of overweight it should be eaten sporadically.
It has no contraindications for lactose intolerance and celiac disease.
Meets the criteria of the vegetarian and vegan diet. The average portion is around 100g (130kcal).