Coconut and Banana Cake
Most of the time, when we find ourselves in front of a sponge cake or a dry cake, we ask ourselves a thousand questions to find the best combination of creams for the filling. Instead of the classic custard or chantilly, I propose a delicate filling and especially made with coconut and bananas.
Video of the Recipe
Problems with playing the video? Reload the video from youtube.
Identity Card of the Recipe
- 205 KCal Calories per serving
for the quick sponge cake
- 300 g (5 medium) of eggs
- Half a glass of VOV liqueur or rum
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 g of baking soda
- Untreated lemon juice and zest
- 50 ml of water
- 125 g of cornstarch, frumina or rice flour
- 125 g of white flour of type 00
- 200 g of sugar
For the coconut cream topping
- 15 g of coconut flour
- 20 ml of water
- 125 g of fresh ricotta
- 100 g of fresh cream
- 20 g of honey
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) of unsweetened cocoa
For the filling
- 150 g of Greek yogurt
- 270 ml of water
- 150 g of coconut flour
- 200 g of banana pulp
- 250 g of blueberry jam or strawberry jam
- Vanilla essence
- 250 ml of cow's milk or coconut milk
- Hinged pan with a diameter of 24 cm
- Electric hand mixer
- Scale weighs food
- Vegetable peeler
- Saw knife
- Cotton thread
- First of all, dedicate yourself to the preparation of the quick sponge cake following the recipe described on THIS PAGE.
How to prepare a quick sponge cake
Cream the whole eggs with the sugar, a pinch of salt, the vov liqueur and the grated rind of a lemon. Meanwhile, bring the water to a boil. When the water boils, pour it slowly into the egg cream. Slowly mix the white flour and rice flour (or any other starch) with the egg cream. Finish by adding the juice of half a lemon and a pinch of baking soda. Pour the mixture into a 24 cm diameter hinged pan (lined with parchment paper) and bake in a preheated oven (ventilated) at 160 ° C for 25 minutes. Allow to cool completely before cutting the sponge cake. discs.
- Prepare the syrup for the sponge cake: heat the coconut milk and flavor it with the vanilla seeds.
- Cut the cold sponge cake into three perfect discs. To facilitate the operation, it is advisable to trace the perimeter of the discs with the tip of a knife, to then cut them with a tailor's thread. Pass the cotton thread along the entire drawn trajectory, then intertwine the two ends: the thread it will act as a blade and give a clean and precise cut to the cake.
- Separate the three discs by placing the base section on a plate.
- Soak the first disc of sponge cake with the cooled syrup.
- Prepare the coconut cream. In a glass blender, collect the coconut flour, water and Greek yogurt. Blend everything until you get a very thick cream.
- Spread half the coconut cream on the sponge cake base, then cover with the blueberry or red fruit jam.
- Cover the cream with a second layer of sponge cake, soak with the syrup and fill with the remaining coconut cream. Peel the bananas and cut them into slices. Arrange the banana slices neatly on top of the coconut cream, then cover with the last layer of sponge cake and soak it with the remaining syrup.
- Prepare the Coconut Ricotta Cream. Collect the coconut flour in a glass of a blender, add the fresh ricotta, water, honey and blend until creamy.
- Whip the fresh cream with an electric mixer. Mix the ricotta cream with the whipped cream and distribute the mixture over the surface of the cake, also spreading it along the edges. Finish by sprinkling a teaspoon of cocoa on the surface and with thin slices of coconut.
Alice's comment - PersonalCookerEven visually, this cake is really very pretty! Obviously, you can modify the decoration, enriching it with colored beads or chocolate chips. To better appreciate its flavor, I recommend consuming the dessert at least 24 hours after preparation: you will feel what a delight!
Nutritional values and Health Comment on the recipeThe Coconut and Banana Cake is a food that falls into the group of desserts.
It has a significant energy supply and is provided above all by carbohydrates, followed by lipids and finally by proteins.
Carbohydrates are mainly simple, saturated fatty acids and peptides of medium and high biological value. Cholesterol and fiber are significant.
The Coconut and Banana Cake does not lend itself to diets for overweight and against metabolic diseases; it is especially inappropriate in the case of type 2 diabetes mellitus, hypertriglyceridemia and hypercholesterolemia. It does not lend itself to the diet for celiac disease and lactose intolerance.
Meets the criteria of the vegetarian diet but not the vegan one; it is recommended to choose a ricotta produced with animal rennet-free whey.
The average portion is around 50g (100kcal).