Have you never obtained a dessert by chance, by mistaking the procedure of the recipe? Sometimes, it is from mistakes that something fabulous can be born! This is what happened to the Tatin sisters, around 1800 when, in preparing an apple cake, they forgot to put the shortcrust pastry on the bottom of the pan. Thus was born the Tarte Tatin, a dessert that conquered the world.
Video of the Recipe
Problems with playing the video? Reload the video from youtube.
Identity Card of the Recipe
- 170 KCal Calories per serving
- 200 g of white flour of type 00
- 80 g of yogurt
- 50 ml of corn oil
- 10 ml of water
- 1 pinch of salt
For the filling
- 800 g (6 medium) of apples
- 110 g of sugar
- 30 g of butter
- Baking tray (compatible with the stove) with a diameter of 26 cm
- Transparent film
- Rolling pin
- First, prepare the shortcrust pastry in the version without butter. Sift the white flour and collect it in a bowl. Dissolve a pinch of salt in a tablespoon of warm water. Mix the flour with the natural yoghurt, the salted water and the corn oil: mix all the ingredients to form a compact dough that can be easily worked with your hands. Wrap the dough in a sheet of cling film and let it rest to make it more mouldable.
The original recipe
The classic version of the tarte tatin is prepared with a shortcrust pastry made with flour and butter: in this recipe we offer the lighter version, with oil and yogurt.
To speed up the time, you can use ready-made shortcrust pastry or puff pastry.
- Prepare the caramelized base. In the pan intended to accommodate the tarte tatin - which must be compatible with the stove - pour the sugar and a knob of butter: cook, stirring occasionally, until a not too dark caramel sauce is obtained.
- Meanwhile, wash the apples, peel them and cut them into quarters. It is advisable to choose floury and ripe apples. Arrange the apples neatly on the caramelized base (which in the meantime will have become solid), taking care to turn the hollow part upwards.
For a beautiful result, fill all the empty spaces with apples: in fact, the fruit will lose volume during cooking, and small spaces will be created between one apple and the other.
- Take back the shortcrust pastry, roll it out with a rolling pin and obtain a thin sheet, slightly larger than the size of the pan.
- Cover the apples with the sbrisè pastry, pushing the edges towards the base in order to fit the apples inside the dough.
- Bake at 180 ° C (mode: static) and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven when the tarte tatin is still very hot: place a plate on top of the pan and, being careful not to burn yourself with the liquid, turn the cake upside down.
- Allow to cool and serve. The tarte tatin can be kept in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Alice's comment - PersonalCookerPersonally, I love to taste the tarte tatin with a sprinkling of cinnamon: the combination is great!
Nutritional values and Health Comment on the recipeThat of the Tarte Tatin is a recipe that belongs to the group of desserts. It has a low to medium caloric intake, provided mainly by carbohydrates, followed by lipids and finally by proteins. Carbohydrates are mainly simple, unsaturated fatty acids and peptides of medium biological value. It contains a good dose of fiber, while cholesterol is irrelevant. It is rich in gluten and contains a very small amount of lactose; there are no significant levels of stamina. Tarte Tatin is a food that does not lend itself to all diets. In overweight (especially obesity), in type 2 diabetes mellitus and in hypertriglyceridemia it is to be taken in moderate quantities and with sporadic consumption.It should be eliminated in the nutritional regimen of celiacs and more sensitive lactose intolerants, even if the modest concentration of milk sugar contained in it can hardly trigger a negative reaction. If the hypersensitivity is very accentuated, it is recommended to start with small portions of food and eventually increase them gradually, or to replace the milk yogurt with a delactose or soy one. Suitable for the vegetarian philosophy, it is instead inadequate for the vegan one. Tarte Tatin average is 50-70 g (about 85-120 kcal).