Super Easy Gluten Free Mini Panettone
Like every year, I couldn't help but offer you one of the classic Christmas sweets: panettone. For this occasion, however, I propose the mini variant, very fast (only with 2 leavening!) And gluten-free! Well yes: if there are those who think that celiac disease can stop us, they are very wrong. And I assure you that these panettone are fabulous even for those who are not intolerant to gluten. Are you testing me? Don't miss the video!
Video of the Recipe
Problems with playing the video? Reload the video from youtube.
Identity Card of the Recipe
- 287 KCal Calories per serving
For 8 mini panettone
- 200 g of specific gluten-free flour mix
- 50 ml of milk
- 5 g of xanthan gum
- 70 g of sugar
- Untreated lemon zest
- 1 pinch of salt
- 80 g of butter
- 2 g of dried brewer's yeast
- 120 g (2 medium) of eggs
- 110 g of sultanas
- 50 ml of water
- Paper cups for mini panettone or aluminum molds
- Bowls of various sizes
- Scale weighs food
- Wooden spoon
- First, soak the raisins in warm water for ten minutes.
- In a bowl, combine and mix all the dry ingredients: the gluten-free flour mix, sugar, dry yeast, a teaspoon of xanthan gum (or guar gum).
- In the center, add the warm water, the warm milk, a pinch of salt, the eggs and the butter. Flavor with lemon zest. Mix everything until you get the consistency of a thick batter. As a last ingredient, add the lemon zest. raisins squeezed from soaking water.
Did you know that
To prepare this recipe we used a specific blend of gluten-free flours with the addition of leavening agent (instant): in this recipe, therefore, we will exploit the slow action of brewer's yeast and the instant action of the chemical leavening agent that is found in the gluten free preparation.
Gluten-free doughs are very delicate and sensitive. The gums (eg guar gum, tara gum, xanthan gum) stabilize the structure of the dough and create a texture capable of retaining gases during yeast fermentation.
Before preparing recipes intended for gluten intolerant, it is recommended to check that each package shows the mark of the crossed ear to ascertain its absence.
It is possible to replace (or combine) raisins with chocolate chips or candied fruit.
- Cover the bowl with a sheet of cling film and let it rest in a warm environment (eg near the radiator or in an oven preheated to 200 ° C for 2 minutes, then turned off) for a couple of hours.
Unlike classic leavened doughs (with gluten), this one will not grow very much during leavening. The most noticeable growth will be in cooking.
- After two hours, divide the dough into 8 equal parts and distribute it in 8 respective paper cups for mini panettone. Alternatively, you can use the silicone or aluminum muffin molds.
- Place the cups in a solid muffin mold to keep the shape. Level the surface of the mini panettone with a brush greased with butter (or oil).
- Leave to rise again for another hour and a half or two.
- At the end of the leavening, bake the gluten-free panettone in a preheated (and ventilated) oven at 180 ° C for 10 minutes.Then lower the temperature to 160 ° C without opening the oven door and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until the surface appears golden.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool and serve with an icing to taste or with simple icing sugar.
Alice's comment - PersonalCookerVery soft and "effect, these mini panettone are perfect to give to our guests at the end of the lunch, but they are also excellent as a placeholder. You can have fun customizing them as you like, decorating them with icings, enriching them with candied fruit or simply dusting them with icing sugar. Happy holidays to all, for a soft and sweet Christmas!
Nutritional values and Health Comment on the recipeMini Panettoni are foods that fall into the group of desserts.
They have a fairly high caloric intake, provided mainly by carbohydrates, followed by lipids and finally by proteins.
Carbohydrates are mainly simple, saturated fatty acids and proteins of medium and high biological value. Cholesterol is high and fiber abundant.
The Mini Panettoni are not suitable for the diet of overweight subjects and / or those suffering from metabolic diseases (hyperglycemia, hypertriglyceridemia and hypercholesterolemia). They are not recommended in case of lactose intolerance but have no negative implications for celiac disease. lacto ovo vegetarian but not vegan.
The average portion of Mini Panettone is about 30-40g (85-115kcal).