Pumpkin, apple and macaroon pancakes
A winning recipe with pumpkin? Try to prepare the pancakes: the pumpkin flavor goes very well with apple and macaroons, so I thought I'd collect these three flavors in a single delicious morsel. Try the pumpkin pancakes too!
Video of the Recipe
Identity Card of the Recipe
- 95 KCal Calories per serving
For the pancakes
- 300 g of pumpkin pulp
- 2 g of baking powder
- 50 ml of milk
- 60 g of eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- Untreated lemon zest
- 50 g of sugar
- 50 g of macaroons
- 250 g of apples
- 10 g of bitter cocoa
- Chopping board
- Casserole for frying
- Electric grater
- Wooden spoon
- Cut the pumpkin, remove the leathery rind, the seeds and the internal filaments, then obtain the wedges.
- Wash the apple, peel it and remove the core. Cut it into wedges.
- With the help of a hand or electric grater, obtain a julienne of pumpkin and apple.
- Mix the grated apple and pumpkin with the sugar, the crumbled amaretti and the lemon zest.
- Shell the egg and divide the yolk from the white.
- Mix the pumpkin and apples with the flour, yeast, yolk and salt, then add the milk, just enough to obtain a thick mixture.
- Whip the egg white until stiff peaks and mix it with the mixture, taking care to always mix from top to bottom.
- Pour the peanut oil into a saucepan and heat it, taking care not to exceed the smoke point: the use of a food thermometer is recommended.
For perfect frying
it is important to respect some basic rules:
- Do not exceed the smoke point of the oil you are using
- Fry the dough only when the oil is very hot to prevent the pancakes from getting soaked in oil
- Maintain constant heat
- Fry a few pancakes at a time to prevent the oil temperature from dropping excessively
- Use a food thermometer to constantly monitor the temperature
- Use an oil with a high smoke point (e.g. extra virgin olive oil or peanut oil) to prevent the formation of aromatic compounds that are toxic to health
- When the oil is hot, proceed with the preparation of the pancakes. With the help of a couple of teaspoons, take a small portion of dough at a time and drop it into the boiling oil: after about a minute, turn the pancake to cook it on the other side.
- As the pancakes are ready (2-3 minutes), remove them from the oil with a slotted spoon and drain them on a sheet of absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
- Serve immediately, sprinkling with bitter cocoa or powdered sugar as desired.
Alice's comment - PersonalCookerFor a lighter version, you can decide to bake the pancakes in the oven: make small tufts of dough and arrange them on a baking tray or fill molds. Cook at 160 ° C for 15/20 minutes, or until the cakes appear golden. and fluffy.
Nutritional values and Health Comment on the recipePumpkin, Apple and Amaretti Fritters are foods that belong to the dessert group.
They have a significant but not excessive energy intake (counting the oil as well, it would double), supplied mainly by carbohydrates, followed by carbohydrates and finally by proteins.
Frying involves an absorption of oil equal to 15-20% of the total weight, which would increase the concentration of fats up to 15-20 g / 100 g.
Fatty acids are mainly unsaturated (including oil, especially monounsaturated), peptides with a high biological value and simple carbohydrates.
They contain a medium dose of fiber and cholesterol. They provide both gluten and lactose, but not histamine.
This pancake recipe does not lend itself to all diets. It is contraindicated for an overweight diet and against all serious metabolic pathologies. It must be avoided in the case of lactose and gluten intolerance; it has no contraindications for hypersensitivity to histamine.
Suitable for the vegetarian philosophy, it is instead rejected by the vegan one.
The medium portion of Pumpkin, Apple and Amaretti Fritters FRIED is 50 g (at least 100 kcal).