Even if we are not in the most appropriate time to make this comparison, try to imagine a sweet as white and soft as snow, and which, after the first bite, melts your heart like ice in the sun. Well, today we will cook together a delicate almond pudding which, not surprisingly, has been baptized "biancomangiare".
Video of the Recipe
Problems with playing the video? Reload the video from youtube.
Identity Card of the Recipe
- 136 KCal Calories per serving
For the Biancomangiare
- 600 ml of almond milk
- 60 g of rice flour
- 60 g of sugar
- Untreated lemon zest
- Vanilla essence
For the sauce
- 60 g of sliced almonds
- 60 g of sugar
- Silicone or aluminum molds
- Scale weighs food
- Cooking pan
- In a saucepan, pour about 500 ml of almond milk and flavor with lemon zest and vanilla essence. Heat the vegetable milk, adding the sugar.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the rice starch with the remaining almond milk.
The alternative idea
The blancmange can be prepared with almond milk (as in this case), or with any other type of vegetable or animal milk (for a non-vegan version). In addition, it can be served with caramelized almonds, chocolate sauce or fruit sauce (eg strawberries).
As alternatives to rice starch, corn starch, white flour or isinglass (5 g) can also be used.
- When the milk starts to boil, add the dissolved starch and continue to cook over medium heat, until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Pour the pudding into a large mold or into single-portion molds, previously moistened.
- Allow the blancmange to cool completely, first at room temperature, then in the fridge for at least a couple of hours or until completely cooled.
- When the puddings have set, take them out of the molds.
- Dedicate yourself to the preparation of the caramelized almond sauce. In a pan, pour the sugar and add a teaspoon of water. Cook for 3-4 minutes to get the caramel. Then add the slices of almonds.
- Serve the blancmange with the caramel and almond sauce.
Alice's comment - PersonalCookerThe blancmange is a very popular dessert in the islands (Sicily and Sardinia) and in the Aosta Valley but which, with its flavor, has conquered all the regions of Italy! The versions are truly innumerable: in fact, it can be served with fresh fruit, chocolate, coffee, or it can be enriched with cream, or sweetened with honey! What will be your favorite blancmange?
Nutritional values and Health Comment on the recipeBiancomangiare with Almonds is a recipe that is part of the desserts.
It has an average caloric intake, provided mainly by carbohydrates, followed by lipids and finally by proteins.
Carbohydrates are mainly complex, monounsaturated fatty acids and peptides with a medium-low biological value.
The fiber content is appreciable and cholesterol is absent.
In adequate portions, Biancomangiare with Almonds lends itself to any diet; those for overweight and against metabolic diseases are no exception.
It has no contraindications towards celiac and lactose intolerant.
It is relevant in vegetarian and vegan diets.
The average portion of food (used as a snack) corresponds to about 100g (135kcal).