Vegan Savory Pie with Vegetables
If you have vegan friends for dinner and you are in a panic because you just don't know what to prepare that is good and particular, I can help you! I propose you a colorful savory pie with vegetables: it will be an "explosion of taste and aroma on your table! W vegetables for everyone: go with doses and ingredients!
Video of the Recipe
Problems with playing the video? Reload the video from youtube.
Identity Card of the Recipe
- Half a teaspoon of instant yeast
- 6 g of salt
- 30 ml of water
- 45 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 75 g of soy yogurt
- 225 g of wholemeal flour
For the filling
- 1 tablespoon of breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 20 g of Grated Vegan Cheese
- 20 g of cornstarch
- 250 ml of soy milk
- 1 grated nutmeg
- Q.b. of pepper
- Q.b. of salt
- 350 g of carrots
- 350 g of zucchini
- Wooden spoon
- Transparent film
- Scale weighs food
- Rolling pin
- Pan with a diameter of 24 cm
- Baking paper
- Pasta cutter wheel or knife
- Chopping board
- Prepare the vegan shortcrust pastry. Combine the wholemeal flour in a bowl. Add the sifted instant yeast and salt. Mix the dry ingredients.
As an alternative to instant yeast, you can use a pinch of baking soda and a teaspoon of lemon juice.
You can clearly use other types of flour, such as: Kamut flour, spelled flour or mix whole wheat flour with other flours.
- In the center, combine the natural soy yogurt, extra virgin (or seed) oil and water. Mix all the ingredients, first with a wooden spoon, then by hand until you get a soft dough.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and let it rest for half an hour: in this way, the draft will be easier.
- In the meantime, devote yourself to the preparation of the vegetables. Wash the carrots, peel them and cut them horizontally into thin slices, 3-4 millimeters thick. Wash the courgettes, remove the ends and cut them into horizontal slices.
- Fill a saucepan with plenty of water and bring to a boil. Salt lightly.
- Blanch the carrot slices in water for 4 minutes starting from the resumption of boiling. Drain with a slotted spoon and set aside. Following the same procedure, blanch the zucchini slices for 2-3 minutes.
- Roll out the vegan shortcrust pastry with a rolling pin until a few millimeters thick. Line a baking tray with a diameter of 24 cm with parchment paper, then fill the base with the disc of shortcrust pastry.
- Dedicate yourself to the preparation of vegan béchamel. Dissolve the corn starch (or another type of starch) in soy milk. Pour the vegetable milk with the thickener into a saucepan, add salt and pepper and flavor with nutmeg. Bring to the heat, add a tablespoon of oil and continue to mix with the whisk to avoid the formation of lumps. When the milk begins to simmer, you may notice that the bechamel thickens as the temperature increases.
- Turn off the heat and season to taste with the vegan grated cheese.
How do you make vegan grated cheese?
The vegan "grana" is a preparation widely used in vegan and vegetarian cuisine, useful for flavoring soups, soups and preparations for meatballs.
It is obtained by blending almonds, salt and flakes of brewer's yeast.
- Fill the box of vegan shortcrust pastry with the prepared bechamel.
- Fit the slices of vegetables in the béchamel, taking care to arrange them in a circle and alternating the carrots with the courgettes: you will have to obtain a spiral of colors.
- Brush the surface of the vegetables with oil and finish with a spoonful of breadcrumbs.
- Bake in a hot oven, preheated to 180 ° C, for about 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool and serve.
Alice's comment - PersonalCookerFrom the “W-W vegetables” series, I would say that here there is a triumph of vegetables, color and aroma! To be able to make perfect slices, I recommend you wait 10 minutes before serving the savory pie! Enjoy your meal!
Nutritional values and Health Comment on the recipeATTENTION! Due to the lack of data referring to the nutritional composition of certain ingredients, it is not possible to establish with certainty the chemical values of the recipe.
The Vegan Savory Pie with Vegetables should be a food with a moderate energy intake, with a caloric prevalence attributable to carbohydrates (mainly complex), followed by lipids (tendentially unsaturated) and finally by proteins (with a medium biological value). Cholesterol is absent. and the fibers should be very abundant.
The Vegan Savory Pie with Vegetables is a food suitable for any diet, except for that of the celiac; it does not negatively affect the metabolic parameters but, in the case of type 2 diabetes mellitus or hypertriglyceridemia, it is better to contain the portions.
The average portion, when used as a first course, is about 200-250g (approximately 270-340kcal).