Potato pie alla Pizzaiola
Predictions for tonight's dinner? In my menu there is a really tasty single dish, which - I'm sure - will make everyone happy: I thought of a potato flan with the scent of pizza! Very easy recipe, which can also be prepared in time and reheated just before serving. Let's see what it's about!
Video of the Recipe
Problems with playing the video? Reload the video from youtube.
Identity Card of the Recipe
- 120 KCal Calories per serving
- 600 g of potatoes
- Q.b. of salt
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 10 g of grated Parmesan cheese
- 10 g of breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons of oregano
- 30 g of capers
- 50 g of black olives
- 200 g of mozzarella
- 250 g of tomato puree
- Q.b. of pepper
- Rectangular pan with dimensions of 20 x 25 cm
- Cut the mozzarella into slices and place it on a colander to drain the whey.
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly, removing any residual soil with a brush. Boil plenty of water with a little coarse salt.
- Peel the potatoes with a vegetable peeler, then cut them into thin slices lengthwise. To get regular slices, it is recommended to use a mandolin. Dip the potatoes in cold water as they are cut: in this way, the potatoes do not blacken.
- When the water boils, dip the potato slices and cook them for 3 minutes after boiling. After 3 minutes, drain the potato slices with the help of a skimmer, arranging them in layers on a colander.
The advice OK
To avoid breaking the potato slices, it is recommended to use a slotted spoon (and not to drain the potatoes directly on the sink as if they were pasta), taking care to gently overlap them.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C (ventilated).
- Grease a rectangular pan (20 x 25 cm) with a little oil, then sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Arrange a first layer of potatoes on the base of the pan, overlapping them. Stuff with a layer of tomato sauce, a few cubes of mozzarella, capers, black olives cut into rounds and oregano. Season with salt and pepper.
The right idea
As an alternative to tomato puree, you can use fresh cherry tomatoes cut into small pieces!
- Then cover with another layer of potatoes and continue until all the ingredients are used up, alternating potatoes and the pizzaiola filling.
- Finish the last layer with potatoes, sprinkling the surface with grated bread, parmesan cheese and a drop of oil.
- Brown in the oven at 200 ° C for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, allow to cool and serve the sliced potato flan.
Alice's comment - PersonalCookerThis pie is really tasty: you can serve it as a single dish or, in smaller doses, it also lends itself to accompanying tasty main courses. The beauty of this potato flan is that you can enrich it with countless other ingredients. Some examples for fish and meat lovers? Try it with smoked salmon or ham! Do you like potatoes with tomato and mozzarella? Also try the fake Potato Pizza!
Nutritional values and Health Comment on the recipeThe Potato Flan alla Pizzaiola is a food that falls within the group of single dishes.
It has a not too high energy intake.
Calories come from carbohydrates, followed by lipids and finally proteins.
Carbohydrates tend to be simple, unsaturated fatty acids and peptides of medium-high biological value.
Fiber is abundant and cholesterol is of little importance.
The Pizzaiola Potato Flan can also be contextualized in the diet against overweight and metabolic diseases; however, the portion must be adequate.
It is contraindicated in the nutritional regimen for lactose intolerance and celiac disease.
It does not satisfy the needs of vegans but, if the cheese is made with vegetable rennet, it is suitable for vegetarians.
The average portion of Potato Flan with Pizzaiola as a single dish is 400-500g (480-600kcal).