Welcome to the gay sex-ed class you never had.
I’m recently out of college and don’t have much experience with dating guys. I’ve never been in a relationship with a guy or girl, so dating, even flirting is a foreign concept to me. My question for you is: what can I do to successfully flirt with a guy? I know how hold a conversation. I don’t know how to let a guy know that I’m interested or how to be seductive.
Congratulations on graduating college! (And without an STD, which is a miracle). You sound like an incredibly focused and charming guy. Something tells me you are going to make an excellent husband one day. That being said, it’s time to GET YOUR ASS IN THE GAME.
Flirting boils down to one thing – confidence. It isn’t something that can be taught, but is something that can be learned. Try these easy tips when you encounter a potential lover/boyfriend/trick/whatever:
- MAKE EYE CONTACT. Anything longer than 5 seconds is technically flirting. Don’t try to smize, just look at him and get lost in his eyes for a few seconds.
- SMILE. Not a big toothy grin, but a seductive little smirk. It needs to be quick and effortless.
- COMPLIMENT HIM. This is a key component to flirting. You actually decide the level of sexiness – if you say “that’s a cute shirt,” it remains innocent but still flirty. If you say “those jeans look perfect on you,” you essentially tell him that you have checked out his goods and maybe wanna fuck.
- ASK HIM IF HE IS ON FACEBOOK/TWITTER. We did not have anything like this back in my day, so take full advantage of the fact that you can go back to the comfort of your home and do your flirting online.
- IF YOU’RE NOT INTO SOCIAL NETWORKING, BE MORE DIRECT. Ask him if is seeing anyone. This will tell you everything you need to know. Pay close attention to his body language. If he lights up when he tells you “no,” then guess what? You’re in. If he seems a little unsettled by your question, just slow your roll and try again with the next dude.
I HIGHLY suggest watching “Sex and the City” in its entirety (the TV series). I’m dead serious about this; the girls were masters and watching a marathon will put you in the right mindset to get out there. Write me back and let me know how things go, but please do it soon. I don’t want to hear that you’re a 25-year old virgin (which in gay years is a 40-year old virgin).
Now go get ‘em tiger.
- Frank (@GayAtHomeDad)
Have a sex question? Want yours to be answered next week? Email me at: GayAtHomeDad@TheHomoLife.com. Nothing’s off limits.
More from Frank: